* Milk is considered to be the best source of calcium for strong bones. Not only is it rich in calcium, but the other nutrients it contains, such as vitamin d, make excellent use of it in the body.
You can swap milk for any vegetable drink (soya, oat, rice), but check the label to make sure it is suitably fortified with calcium and vitamin D.
You can combine other fruits (blueberries, raspberries, peach, apricot, nectarine, nectarine, flat peach, pear...) or make it with just one. Try your favourite recipe... Just avoid acidic fruits such as orange, mandarin or pineapple.
1. Peel the mango and cut into cubes. Wash the strawberries and remove the stalks. Put them in the freezer for 4 or 5 hours so that they harden and are easier to mash.
2. In the blender jug, slice the banana and add the frozen fruit. Then pour in the milk and blend to a fine puree.
3. Pour into a glass and add two or three raspberries for decoration.
4. Is it too hot? Freeze the smoothie and then blend in a blender to make a slushie.