* The so-called kartoffelsalat is a very complete salad and can therefore be used as a main course for dinner.
* Cooking boiled potatoes in their skins and then cooling them with water is one of the healthiest ways to eat this carbohydrate-rich tuber.
* Use a light mayonnaise to make the sauce. This will reduce the amount of fat in the dish.
1. Wash the potatoes and, without peeling them, boil them in a pot with water and salt until they are tender (about 20 minutes). Remove from the heat and cool with water. Boil the egg and cool as well.
2. Heat the frying pan coated with olive oil and cook the sausages cut into thick slices. Set aside on a plate.
3. Chop the ½ hard-boiled egg, the gherkins and the onion and place them in a deep dish. Stir in the sausages. Cut the potato into cubes and add to the rest of the ingredients.
4. Mix the mayonnaise with the mustard and cover the salad with it.